For Release: Immediate
Regarding: LCBP Seeks Local Grant Proposals
Date: September 30, 2013
Contact: Bill Howland, LCBP Manager at (802) 372-3213
Lake Champlain Basin Program Seeks Local Grant Proposals
Grand Isle, VT – The Lake Champlain Basin Program (LCBP) is seeking proposals for local grants to support the implementation of the long term management plan for Lake Champlain, Opportunities for Action. The LCBP anticipates awarding about 50 local grants totaling $395,000. Funding for these awards originates from the US Environmental Protection Agency, the Great Lakes Fishery Commission and the National Park Service.
The LCBP expects to award Local Implementation Grant Programs up to $315,000, including:
· Pollution Prevention Grants (up to $15,000 per grant),
· Aquatic Invasive Species Spread Prevention Grants (up to $15,000 per grant),
· Education and Outreach Grants (up to $7,500 per grant), and
· Organizational Support Grants for Watershed Groups (up to $3,000 per grant).
In addition, up to $80,000 will be awarded through the Champlain Valley National Heritage Partnership and the Lake Champlain Basin Program for local cultural heritage initiatives including:
· CVNHP Commemoration Grants for the War of 1812 and the 150th Anniversary of the American Civil War (up to $5,000 per grant)
· CVNHP Local Heritage Grants focused on Youth and Students (up to $2,500 per grant)
For further information about these grant opportunities or to obtain hard copies of the guides and applications, please contact the Lake Champlain Basin Program office, 54 West Shore Road, Grand Isle, VT 05458 or call at (802) 372-3213 or call (800) 468-5227.